Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Adam Lambert Admits Gay, Had Crush on Criminal Kris Allen

Keongomaniac Khronicles brings you an exclusive on the latest revelation by the American Idol Season 8 runner-up Adam Lambert, christened as the "True American Idol" in Haz Wayne's World.

In the latest issue of the Rolling Stones magazine (due to be released in the US on Friday), Adam Lambert ends weeks of hot speculation over his sexuality.

#1 REVEALED: Adam IS Gay

Lambert, 27, told the magazine that:

"I don't think it should be a surprise for anyone to hear that I'm gay. I'm proud of my sexuality, I embrace it. It's just another part of me."

He also explains:

"I've been living in Los Angeles for eight years as a gay man. I've been at clubs drunk making out with somebody in the corner."

As mentioned in Keongomaniac Khronicles in its previous entries, discussions of his sexuality came after widespread circulation of his photos kissing another male and in drag surfaced in the Internet towards the end of the Idol competition.

Regarding this, Adam Lambert had never denied those were him, nor has he openly admitted he was gay, but had famously declared:

"I am who I am. I have nothing to hide."
(Also referenced to in The Keongomaniac's Interview with the Lambert: The True Idol)

Adam told the Rolling Stones that with regard to the photos, he was worried people would think the drag ensemble was typical of him. He said:

"I wasn't ready for that. I've only dressed in drag three or four times. ... I don't tuck and wear breasts, that's not me."

#2 REVEALED: Why Admit Only Now?

Lambert admits that he was nervous about coming out while Idol was still on the air because contestants are under a media embargo, and he wanted to do it on his "own terms." He told the magazine:
"I was worried that (coming out) would be so sensationalized that it would overshadow what I was there to do, which was sing. I'm an entertainer, and who I am and what I do in my personal life is a separate thing. It shouldn't matter. Except it does. It's really confusing."

He also said:

"I didn’t want the Clay Aiken thing and the celebrity-magazine bullshit. I need to be able to explain myself in context."

A point to note, American Idol Season 2 runner-up Clay Aiken only just recently came out of the closet in 2008. Will Young, winner of the inaugural UK's Pop Idol (upon which all the Idol series are based on), also came out after he won in 2002, to pre-empt an attempt by a magazine to out him. (Note: to "out" a gay out of his closet is to do so without his consent, while "to come out" of the closet is by his own choice.)

The Keongomaniac Shuns Closed-Minded Homophobia

In this respect, The Keongomaniac denounces all those who had, in one way or another, attempted to pressure Adam Lambert (or his likes) to "come out of the closet" because it is not their choice, but his. This closed-mindedness is not tolerated in Haz Wayne's World, where those who force others to do something against their will can be prosecuted without leniency.

The Keongomaniac also expresses "his utter disappointment" even to the members of the gay community who instead of supporting Adam Lambert's right in disclosing his sexuality at his own terms, chose to ALSO persecute him by dismissing his talents as a singer, but focusing on his homosexuality and the "baggage that comes with it". The Keongomaniac is not amused by this, and so is Adam.

Stereotypes about gays do annoy him. Adam has this to say:

"Clay Aiken's gay, and I'm gay, and we couldn't be more different. The only thing that is the same about everyone in the gay community is that we're gay. Why can't we talk about a human community?"

#3 REVEALED: Adam does not want to be a Gay-Rights Poster Boy

The American Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, a group that advocates for homosexual rights, said it hopes Lambert's "decision to live openly and honestly inspires gay people and opens the hearts and minds of his fans".

Despite his coming out however, Adam Lambert made it clear that he does not wish to be a gay-rights poster boy. Even though he supports gay-rights movements, he said:

"I'm trying to be a singer, not a civil rights leader."

#4 REVEALED: Adam had a crush on Kris Allen OMG!

Yup that is right. Adam Lambert admitted to have a crush on the Criminal Kris Allen, winner of the American Idol Season 8. (Adam was visibly disturbed by the criminalisation of Kris in Haz Wayne's World, as seen in the imagined Keongomaniac's Interview with the Lambert)

When Idol producers put him in a room to share with Kris, Adam Lambert says his first thought was:

"They put me with the cute guy. Distracting! He's the one guy I found attractive in the whole group on the show: nice, nonchalant, pretty and totally my type — except that he has a wife. I mean he's open-minded and liberal, but he's definitely 100% straight."

Well definitely not when he was doing this!

http://

Aww... aren't they just sweet? (Compliments to Maria Baluyut for the vid!)

Keongomaniac Note:

In Haz Wayne's World, where enlightened thoughts and expressions reign free, gay marriages are not legal and are not recognised in any form whatsoever. The Keongomaniac is not an advocate of gay rights. Enlightened homosexuals however do have a place in this world, for regardless of one's colour, race, or orientation, we are all human and sons and daughters of God. Haz Wayne's World is governed by the principle that no one individual should be persecuted in any form, less it stems from the closed-mindedness of the said person or entity.

Sources:

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20090610/ten-entertainment-us-lambert-db3f2d5.html

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/06/09/the-new-issue-of-rolling-stone-the-liberation-of-adam-lambert/#

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/adam-lambert-finally-confirms-i-m-gay/23594?nc

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2009-06-09-lambert-rollingstone_N.htm

No comments: